RETREAT TO THE VIBRANT VERMONT FOLIAGE THIS FALL
mEDITATION | VIGOROUS VINYASA | ALL THE MAPLE SYRUP + APPLE CIDER you could ever want
FRIDAY NIGHT, OCTOBER 19 - Sunday afternoon, OCTOBER 21ST
TAKE A MINI BREAK
Things go FAST this time of year, so planning for a mini break like this is vital to your mental and emotional health, especially before the holiday season. A quick excursion to the Green Mountains in Vermont is the perfect antidote to the fast-paced overwhelm of New York City life.
meet your retreat teacher:
Jillian Schiavi, a 200 Hour RYS teacher and Director of Jewel City Yoga, brings her combined passions for yoga and mindfulness, breath and body connection, nature, art, travel, and expressiveness, to this unique experience in the Vermont mountains.
She’ll be leading you through invigorating vinyasa classes, meditation, and will hold the space for each participant’s experience. Don’t hesitate to reach out for questions, and be sure to take her class at Jewel City Yoga in Brooklyn to get a sense of her teaching style and philosophy.
About the CENTER
We'll be spending our time at The Empty Center of Deer Ridge Farm, a beautiful collection of farmhouses and spaces nestled deep in the Green Mountains of Vermont. Run by a father/daughter team, every nook and corner of the grounds breathes coziness, beauty, and inspiration. This is the season of snuggling up and connecting to your spirit, and The Empty Center is the perfect place to breathe into it all.
All rooms are priced for double occupancy (shared rooms) but can be upgraded for single occupancy. Simply sign up, and send an email if you want your own room!
Enjoy beautifully prepared, fresh, and healthy meals each day, cooked for us by the in-house house, and designed to support your practice, and reflect the beautiful bounty of the autumnal season. Students are encouraged to take care of their needs and bring along any additional provisions that they may require.
- 2 nights accommodation at The Empty Center in Townshend, VT (a beautiful 4 hour drive from NYC). Learn more about the space here: www.theemptycenter.com
- Intention-setting ceremony Friday evening
- 3 vigorous vinyasa classes throughout the weekend
- Dinner on Friday evening, breakfast/lunch/dinner on Saturday, breakfast/lunch on Sunday, as well as coffee, juice, tea, daily snacks
- Special movement workshop + plenty of time for journaling, reflection, rest, and connection
- Transportation to/from The Empty Center
- Single occupancy (upgrade available)
- Hiking gear (participants must bring their own hiking shoes/optional poles, camel back, water, sunscreen, etc)
meet your workshop leader:
Attuning to Nature : Re-Connecting to our Lost Rhythms
Special guest, Concetta Troskie, MA, R-DMT, RDT, LPC, a Dallas-based Licensed Professional Counselor, Dance/Movement Therapist and Drama Therapist, will be joining us to lead a beautiful 90-minute workshop on Friday, setting the tone for weekend of embracing our natural rhythms.
Tension accumulates in the body, and stores itself in our muscles and in our cells. All of our internal rhythms are impacted by what we hold onto. Our breathing, our heart beat, our digestion and our awareness are all altered by how we move and interact with our environment. The city imprints itself onto our body systems and our consciousness. Attuning to the organic rhymes of nature can help us let go of defense and reconnect us with the freedom of spontaneous movement which is our birthright. We will explore our internal rhythmic landscapes through mindful attending to the breath and to the body’s natural expression. Through gentle exploration of movement, we will bridge the disconnect between body and spirit that can happen with urban overexposure.
Through curious engagement with the landscape of the Poconos, we will gradually attune to the balance and to the flow of nature. Embodying nature opens up our inner channels, awakening the body and releasing “stuck” places, creating a space in our being that allows for self-expression to flourish.
- Early Bird Pricing through September 30th: $600
- Regular Pricing after September 30th: $750
- All spots are for double occupancy (shared rooms), however if you want your own room, email us and we’ll upgrade you! (upgrade charge applies)
A $250 deposit is required to reserve your spot, with the balance due 1 week prior to the retreat date.
This excursion is limited to 16 students, so jump on your spot soon!