Jewel City Yoga Retreats to the Poconos Mountains
Yoga, Hiking, Wine, and Connection
Thursday night, August 2nd - Sunday afternoon, August 5th
experience a rejuvenating connection to nature, your practice, and your intuition.
Activate your body and reignite your sense of discovery with 2 yoga classes each day. Begin the day with an invigorating morning practice to awaken creative energy and your sensory experience of being in nature. End each day with a restorative flow to unravel the mind and lean into the slower pace of summer evenings. In between practices, there's plenty of time for active exploration through guided hikes and wine tasting at a nearby winery, or rest and relaxation in the countless meditative spots all along the grounds.
About the Barn
We'll be spending our time at The Pocono Barn, a beautifully restored 1902 barn and artist studio that sits on 6 acres of beautiful open and wooded land. Every nook and corner of the location, inside and out, breathes spaciousness and inspiration. All rooms are priced for double occupancy (one full or queen shared bed) but can be upgraded for single occupancy. Camping is also permitted on the grounds, with a limit of 3 tents, so if you want to sleep under the stars, those spots are first come first serve.
Enjoy beautifully prepared fresh meals, cooked in-house, and designed to amplify your practice and experience of being outdoors. Pre-yoga juice and coffee will be available, with a delicious and fulfilling meal following both the morning and evening class. Snacks will also be available throughout the day, and with the largest Shoprite around the corner, students are encouraged to take care of their needs and bring along any additional provisions that they may require.
- 3 nights, 3 days accommodations at The Pocono Barn in Kunkletown, PA (1.5-2 hour drive from New York City). Learn more about the space here: www.thepoconobarn.com
- Opening fire pit meditation and intention-setting ceremony Thursday evening and a closing fire pit celebration Sunday afternoon
- 3 morning vinyasa classes, 2 evening restorative classes
- Light dinner on Thursday, 2 large meals Friday + Saturday, brunch on Sunday as well as coffee, juice, tea, daily snacks
- Daily excursions: hiking, wine tasting with picnic provisions*
- 60 minute massage*
* extra charge applies
- Transportation to/from The Pocono Barn (there's a bus from Port Authority Manhattan, and we can arrange for pickup from the bus station in Kunkletown if need-be)
- Single occupancy (upgrade available)
- Hiking gear (participants must bring their own hiking shoes/optional poles, camel back, water, sunscreen, etc)
- Camp gear (if you choose to camp, participants must bring their own tent, sleeping bag, etc)
Attuning to Nature : Re-connecting to our Lost Rhythms
Special guest, Concetta Troskie, MA, R-DMT, RDT, LPC, a Dallas-based Licensed Professional Counselor, Dance/Movement Therapist and Drama Therapist, will be joining us to lead a beautiful 90-minute workshop on Friday, setting the tone for weekend of embracing our natural rhythms.
Tension accumulates in the body, and stores itself in our muscles and in our cells. All of our internal rhythms are impacted by what we hold onto. Our breathing, our heart beat, our digestion and our awareness are all altered by how we move and interact with our environment. The city imprints itself onto our body systems and our consciousness. Attuning to the organic rhymes of nature can help us let go of defense and reconnect us with the freedom of spontaneous movement which is our birthright. We will explore our internal rhythmic landscapes through mindful attending to the breath and to the body’s natural expression. Through gentle exploration of movement, we will bridge the disconnect between body and spirit that can happen with urban overexposure.
Through curious engagement with the landscape of the Poconos, we will gradually attune to the balance and to the flow of nature. Embodying nature opens up our inner channels, awakening the body and releasing “stuck” places, creating a space in our being that allows for self-expression to flourish.
- Camp site: $450
- Pull-out couch or air mattress (various rooms): $650
- Double occupancy shared room (2 beds, 2 people per queen/full bed): $700
- Single occupancy shared room (2 beds, 1 person per single bed): $750
- Double occupancy private room (1 bed, 2 people per queen/full bed): $800
A $150 deposit is required to reserve your spot, with the balance due 2 weeks prior to the retreat date.
This excursion is limited to 16 students, so jump on your spot soon!